Friday, December 5, 2008

Seasons Greetings!

Merry Christmas and Rock Chalk from our family to your's.  This blog is taking the place of our annual Christmas letter. It is done to reduce the Sheehan carbon footprint and has nothing whatsoever to do with my laziness and wishing to avoid  long lines at the postoffice. We are also thrilled to debut our newest Christmas tradition...
the elf dance.  

Please check it out and let us know what you think.  I think John stole my favorite Denny Tario move from Dance Fever.

Speaking of John... He is loving his job and is now the Market Manager for CBS St Louis and oversees the operations of three stations: KMOX, KEZK and KYKY.  I'll toot his horn for him here because he wouldn't... he was also named one of the top 50 radio managers in the country this year by Radio Ink magazine!  This will be a tough year, no doubt, for everyone in business and I'm sure it will be no different for radio.  Hopefully we'll be saying the same positive things next year.  

The above photo was taken at a recent KU basketball game at Allen Fieldhouse.  It was the first game we've all taken in as a family.  Lydia's highlight was meeting the cheerleaders.  I believe that in last year's Christmas letter John wished for a National Championship, so if you have any wishes you'd like John to make on your behalf this year, please send a $50 check or money order to 23 Spoede Woods, Creve Coeur, MO 63141.  He'll see what he can do for ya.  

The kids and I are doing great.  I'm obsessed with my new sewing machine and I'm cranking out doll clothes like an eight-year-old in a sweat shop.

Katie's playing basketball and getting pulled into the Pre-teen Drama undertow that is Middle School.  OMG!

Lydia is my arch nemesis most days... It's called PAYBACK, I believe.  She tosses out little gems like, "Harlan, don't eat Mom's Weight-Watcher bars... she needs them because she got fat having us."  

Harlan is obsessed with all things Super Hero... or as he refers to it: "Super-herio".  He is really funny and cute and is a total momma's boy.  I'm going to take it while I can get it because the day is coming where he will be Daddy's little sports fanatic and attached at his hip.

Thanks for taking the time to feed your internet addiction with our little production.  Check in after the New Year and see if I remember to put up a new post now and then...  Here's an idea:  How bout bookmarking us?  Hmmmmm???  ...Or forwarding us to all your friends and family?  Or better yet... How bout just doing something old-fashioned and pay us a human to human visit in Saint Louis?  We promise we'll let you log on from our computer.

Love and Best wishes to you and everyone in your address list.  Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah and Happy New Year!!!  Thanks for helping to make 2008 a year to remember!

Below is a video of highlights from 2008...  It's only about 7 minutes.  What else do have to do with your time... You're not THAT busy!  

2 comments:

angie said...

I love it!! I'll spend all my free time watching that again and again!! Great job, Darc!

K2D2 said...

Well done, Darc - fun to watch and catch-up on the Sheehans! Looks like you had a good year! So - you like KU, huh? :) Happy holidays!